Facility Rules and Policies
There are a lot of fun, interesting, and educational things you can do on the refuge. Keep in mind, if an activity is not wildlife related and doesn't help in the protection or understanding of wildlife or their habitat, there are probably refuge rules governing this activity. Please check with the refuge management before participating in an activity that could harm the environment or yourself. There are plenty of activities at Sequoyah National Wildlife Refuge for you to enjoy. Be safe and have fun!
- Pets must be on a leash or under control.
- Possession or use of alcohol is prohibited on the refuge.
- Pits or permanent blinds are prohibited.
- Use caution when walking on roads and yield to approaching vehicles.
- Observe wildlife from a safe distance. Young animals should be left alone.
- Help protect resources. All plants, wildlife, and cultural features on the refuge are protected and it is illegal to remove them.
- Open fires are prohibited.
- Hunting in designated areas only.
- Persons possessing, transporting, or carrying firearms on National Wildlife Refuges must comply with all provisions of state and local law. Persons may only use (discharge) firearms in accordance with refuge regulations.