There are plenty of fun activities to do on the refuge, but keep in mind, if an activity is not wildlife related and doesn’t help in the protection or understanding of wildlife or their habitat, there are probably refuge rules governing this activity. If you have any questions about a certain activity, please feel free to contact the refuge office.
While on the refuge for all emergencies please call 911. To report refuge violations call the administrative office at 256-848-6833.
- The Refuge is only open to the public from sunrise to sunset, with the exception of permitted hunting seasons.
- Neither camping nor campfires are permitted on the refuge.
- Refuge signs define refuge boundaries.
- Pets are always welcome as long as they are on a leash.
- Bicycling is permitted on established roads.
- Firearms are permitted on the refuge in accordance with state and local law.
- Collecting plants or artifacts is prohibited on the refuge, including rocks.
- Disturbing or feeding wildlife is not allowed.
- ATV’s and UTV’s are prohibited.
- Use of artificial lights, including vehicle lights, to observe wildlife is not allowed.