Camping is allowed only in designated campgrounds that have metal fire rings from April 14 through December 31. There is a 7 day camping limit within a 30 day consecutive period for all designated campgrounds from April 14 through September 30.
Dispersed campsites are open from October 1 through December 31. These campsites must be within 50 feet of a dispersed campsite marker - a brown carsonite post. There is a 14 day camping limit within a 30 day consecutive period for all designated campgrounds and dispersed campsites from October 1 through December 31. At these dispersed sites, all solid human waste must be buried in a hole 6 to 8 inches deep and at least 200 feet from camp, water or trails.
- Do not leave campfires unattended.
- No drinkable water is available on the Refuge.
- Remove all garbage and trash- do not burn it in your campfire.
- Do not leave food outside overnight and do not feed wild animals.
- A special permit is required for all activities involving groups exceeding 25 persons or 10 horses.