Guided tours are offered on Saturdays from October through February of each year, and during special events. The tour introduces visitors to the unique variety of wildlife found on the island. As you pass through several habitats, you will learn about wildlife management on refuges, explore the diversity of wildlife, and discover the rich history of Fisherman's Island and the role it played during World War II.
- Meets at 8:30 am at the Eastern Shore of Virginia National Wildlife Refuge Visitor Center
- The walking tour travels 2 miles with varying difficulty over soft and hard-packed sand
- Advance registration is required and taken on a first-come, first-serve basis after September 1st.
- The tour is free
- To register contact us at 757-331-3425 or 757-331-2760
- Please leave a message with your name, phone number, number in your group, and what date you would like to tour with us. We will give you a call back within 5 business with the status of your reservation.