Facility Rules and Policies
We hope that you enjoy your visit to Black Bayou Lake! Below are a few common rules and guidelines to follow.
- The Refuge is open from 30 minutes before sunrise to 30 minutes after sunset. Hunters must be off the Refuge no later than 2 hours after shooting hours end.
- There is no camping or overnight stays on the Refuge.
- Absolutely no littering. This includes glitter, confetti, balloons, and other items commonly used in photo shoots.
- The use of drones is prohibited.
- Hunters must check in at a self clearing check station kiosk and obtain a Refuge permit/brochure and check in and out daily.
- No boats with motors greater than 50 HP in the lake.
- Well behaved dogs are always welcome but they must be on a leash and you must pick up any waste.
- Bicycles are welcome on Refuge roads and the Edgewater Trail. They are not allowed on any of the boardwalks, Wildlife Pier, Prairie Trail, Arboretum Trail, or Wildlife Challenge Trail.