Facility Rules and Policies
Please observe the following regulations to protect natural resources and to help ensure that your visit will be safe and enjoyable.
- Vehicles are permitted only on designated roads, parking areas, and on the ice for ice fishing. Vehicle access to the ice is limited to ice accessible from a right-of-way or designated road.
- Motorized vehicles must be licensed in accordance with State laws and regulations.
- Motorized boats are allowed for wildlife-dependent activities. Boats that must be launched from a trailer are limited to those waters that are accessible from a right-of-way or designated road.
- Collection of mature wild fruits, berries, above-ground portion of asparagus, and mushrooms for personal daily non-commercial use is allowed.
- Commercial activities are not allowed unless authorized by a Special Use Permit issued by the manager.
- Overnight camping
- Littering, including leaving spent shotgun shells or the remains of hunted animals
- Removing or disturbing property, including artifacts
- Removing natural objects or destroying plants, excluding the gathering of dead plant materials for on-site blind construction
- Riding or using horses for any purpose
Special Use Permits
Includes: workshops & wildlife viewing tours. Please note: photography and filming that takes place on areas closed to the public requires a permit. Application Form
For Commercial Winter Wildlife Viewing Permits, please submit a completed special use permit application, a digital copy of your liability insurance, and a guide and vehicle list no later than 5:00pm Friday, October 1, 2021 to Fred_Oslund@fws.gov.
Research and Monitoring
Includes: biological work & geological monitoring. Application Form
All other permits. Application Form
For questions or to submit completed application form, please email Fred Oslund, Fred_Oslund@fws.gov.
A minimum of ten business d ays is required to request a permit.