The Sport Fishing and Boating Partnership Council (SFBPC) consists of up to 19 members, including three non-voting ex-officio representatives and 16 discretionary members. The Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Commerce appoint new members for staggered terms not to exceed three years. The members serve as representatives of the following national interest groups:
- State fish and wildlife resource management agencies (two members, one a director of a coastal state and one a director of an inland state),
- Saltwater and freshwater recreational fishing organizations,
- Recreational boating organizations,
- Recreational fishing and boating industries,
- Recreational fishery resource conservation organizations,
- Tribal resource management organizations,
- Aquatic resource outreach and education organizations, and
- Recreational fishing and/or boating diversity-based organizations.
View a list of previous Council members here.