Anyone interested in planning, designing, or implementing habitat restoration.
Summary and Objectives:
This course provides restoration practitioners a foundation in restoration policy and planning by covering the federal authorities for restoration; compliance requirements, including the National Environmental Policy Act; general principles of restoration science; and the steps involved in developing a restoration plan within the context of landscape-scale conservation and . Case studies will exemplify building partnerships and other key concepts of the course.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Describe federal authorities supporting habitat restoration.
- Explain fundamental concepts of restoration ecology.
- Develop successful partnerships and communicate effectively with partners and stakeholders.
- Prepare a framework for a restoration plan, developing alternatives in a landscape context.
- Illustrate the iterative and adaptive nature of restoration planning given a watershed exercise.