U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service
National Wetlands Inventory
Download Seamless Wetlands Data by State
Before You Begin
- Each State data download is available as either a
compressed file Geodatabase or
a Shapefile (PDF).
Both files are compressed by using the .zip format and
contain the following layers:
- Wetlands polygon data - Version 2
- Wetlands Project Metadata - Version 2 (includes image dates and project information)
- Wetlands Historic Map Information*
- Riparian polygon data*
- Riparian Project Metadata (includes image dates and project information)*
- Historic Wetlands*
- Historic Wetlands Project Metadata (includes image dates and project information)*
- Watershed Boundary Dataset (WBD) HUC8 modified**
* If available at the requested location.
** Not include in State downloads.
- Not all of Alaska has been digitally mapped by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Please refer to the Wetlands Mapping Status layer in the Wetlands Mapper Legend to view where wetlands have been mapped in Alaska. The state downloads include a Wetlands Project Metadata layer that identifies where and when wetlands were mapped within the state.
- Due to the amount of data being downloaded, the resulting
time to download each file may take up to 60 minutes or
more, and each file can range in sizes from 1MB to
State Downloads (file downloads last updated May 1, 2018)
Click here for Puerto Rico and Virgin Islands, or Pacific Trust Islands.
- NOTE: Due to the variation in use and
analysis of this data by the end user, each of states wetlands
data extends beyond the state boundary. Each state includes
wetlands data that intersect the 1:24,000 quadrangles that
contain part of that state (1:2,000,000 source data). This
allows the user to clip the data to their specific analysis
datasets. Beware that two adjacent states will contain some
of the same data along their borders.
- Last updated: June 25, 2018 -