Laws and Regulations
Please obey the following regulations when visiting the refuge:
- The refuge is open to the public year round for visitation and pre-hunt scouting during day light hours, EXCEPT DURING FIREARMS DEER HUNTS.
- Refuge Permits are required for all hunters and fishermen and anyone who accompanies them
- Taking, collecting or disturbing any artifact, property, plant, wildlife or part thereof; other than that specifically permitted by refuge regulation is prohibited.
- Off road vehicle travel is not permitted; vehicles are only allowed on open gravel roads unless posted otherwise. Horses and mules are not permitted on the refuge. Bicycles are restricted to the same open gravel roads as vehicle travel.
- Pets must be on a leash at all times.
- All visitors should ensure they read and understand Refuge specific regulations.
Check out our Hunting and Fishing Regulations Brochure for more information.