Application form 3-200-27 should be used to apply to the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (USFWS) for CITES export permits. Each shipment of CITES specimens must be accompanied by a CITES document. The current version of form 3-200-27 is designed to evaluate an individual shipment and issue a single CITES export permit that includes all required information on the face of the permit, including the importer and quantity.
Who Needs It?
If you are trying to export a live animal or plant, its parts, or products derived from a CITES-listed species removed from the wild, you will need to use this application form.
To Complete This Form You Will Need the Following:
- Depending on your requested activity, you might be required to attach a variety of supporting documentation that demonstrates prior authorization to export or import.
- A copy of any applicable local, Tribal, State, or Federal government authorization approving the activity.
- Documentation that animals or samples were legally acquired.
- If your specimen is American alligator or furbearer skin that must be tagged with a CITES tag, provide a list of the complete CITES Tag numbers [e.g. FL MIS 0712345] or replacement tag numbers [e.g. FWS REPL 0123456]. Tags must be inserted through the skins and permanently locked in place at the time of export.
- Please note in addition to obtaining this permit for your proposed activity, for any commercial activity you will need to obtain an import / export license from our Office of Law Enforcement.
Submit an Application
To submit an application online or through the mail, follow the instructions on our ePermits site.