Digital Mapping Pilot Project
On December 21, 2018, through Pub. L. 115-358, Congress adopted revised maps for 57 of the 65 Coastal Barrier Resources System (CBRS) units included in the Digital Mapping Pilot Project (pilot project). These units are located in Delaware, Florida, North Carolina, and South Carolina. The revised maps for eight pilot project units that were not adopted are for Units NC-06/NC-06P in North Carolina and Units LA-01, LA-02, S04, S05, S06, S07 in Louisiana.
The adoption of the pilot project maps helps to preserve the long-term integrity of the CBRS by adopting maps prepared by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) through a comprehensive process to correct legitimate mapping errors and add qualifying areas to the CBRS. This effort also provides more accurate CBRS maps and digital data for planning coastal infrastructure projects, habitat conservation efforts, and flood risk mitigation measures.
- Pub. L. 115-358 (December 21, 2018)
- Official CBRS Maps (includes final revised maps for pilot project areas)
- CBRS Mapper (includes updated boundaries for pilot project areas)
- Digital CBRS Data (includes updated boundary data for pilot project areas)
- 2016 Final Pilot Project Report to Congress (206MB PDF)
- Background on the pilot project and archived materials