1. All entries must be photographs taken at Seney National Wildlife Refuge or the Whitefish Point Unit.
2. Up to five entries (total) per person may be submitted - no more than three per category with exception to the youth category. Youth may enter up to five photos in their age bracket.
3. Photographers must be non-professional; this is an amateur contest. For the purposes of this photography contest, a professional photographer is considered to be a photographer who has clients, depends on photography for their income, markets their services and/or writes off their expenses as a business owner.
4. All photographs should be submitted as an electronic copy (please send the highest resolution possible) AND in a printed format 5”x7”, 8”x10” or 8”x12”. Any photos not in accordance with size restrictions are subject to cropping. Black and white or color photos are acceptable. If you are unable to submit an electronic copy of your photo Refuge staff will scan the photo for you. Note that scanned photos are not always as high quality as photos submitted electronically. Photos may not be matted nor should there be any frame or border surrounding the photo (digital or otherwise). Photos may not display the name of the photographer on the front of the photograph.
5. Mail or deliver the printed entries to: Seney National Wildlife Refuge; c/o Photo Contest; 1674 Refuge Entrance Road; Seney, MI 49883
6. Electronic copies may be mailed with the printed copy or emailed to email@example.com, the subject line should read “Photo Contest”. Entries are accepted year round.
7. On the back of the printed photo, please attach a signed permission form with your contact information. Photos lacking the signed permission form will be disqualified.
8. All entries must be received by August 31, or they will be entered in the following year’s contest.
9. Digitally altered photos - other than slight color correction (i.e. brightness or contrast) or a shift to black and white - will be disqualified.
10. Anyone whose photo has been disqualified will be notified before the voting begins.
11. If a minor is pictured in a photo an “Agreement of Use of Likeness in Service Products” (USFWS form 3-2260) must accompany the entry forms, copies can also be found at the Visitor Center or mailed to requesting individuals.
12. All entries will be retained by the Refuge and may be used for a variety of reasons including non-profit publications, webpages and presentations.
13. While extreme care will be taken in handling all entries, the Refuge cannot be responsible for any damage to photographs.
Online Voting: Cast your vote for your favorite photos from September 10th to October 15th.
To cast your vote visit the Seney Natural History Association's Flickr Page during the months of September and October to choose your favorite photo in each category. Then send email your votes to firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject line should read, VOTE 2013. The body of the email should include the code numbers for each of the six categories. Example: Landscape: L#, Wildlife: W#, Plants: P#, Recreation R#, Special Assignment: S# and Youth: Y#. Please only vote once.