"The Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Council's purpose is to provide recommendations to the Federal Government, through the Secretary of the Interior and the Secretary of Agriculture, that (a) benefit wildlife resources; (b) encourage partnership among the public; sporting conservation organizations; Federal, State, Tribal, and territorial governments; and (c) benefit fair chase recreational hunting and safe recreational shooting sports. "
The U.S. Department of the Interior (DOI) and Department of Agriculture (USDA) are renewing the charter for and seeking member nominations to the Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Council (Council). The renewed Council replaces and changes the name of the previous Hunting and Shooting Sports Conservation Council.
Comments on Hunting and Wildlife Conservation Council's charter:
- Comments on HWCC charter from Conservation Force
- Comments on HWCC charter from the Izaak Walton League of America
- Comments on HWCC charter from Jean Public
- Comments on HWCC charter from conservation NGOs
- Comments on HWCC charter from the Center for Biological Diversity