The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Migratory Bird Regulations Committee (SRC) will meet on October 12–13, 2022, to consider and develop proposed regulations for the 2023–24 migratory game bird hunting seasons. Meetings on both days will commence at approximately 11 a.m. (eastern time) and are open to the public. The meeting on the 13th may adjourn early if the agenda discussions are complete and there is no further business brought before the SRC. The meeting will be conducted by video and telephonically with or without the aid of video technology.
October 12, 2022, Day 1 YouTube Livestream:
11:00 – 3:00 Eastern SRC, Consultants and MBM meet to review regulations issues,
discuss status of populations, and receive recommendations.
3:00 – 4:00 Eastern SRC meets to develop SRC preliminary recommendations.
Consultants to hold separate meeting.
October 13, 2022, Day 2 YouTube Livestream:
11:00 – 2:00 Eastern SRC, Consultants, and MBM reconvene to establish and
discuss SRC preliminary recommendations, and to identify agreements and disagreements. Consultants may present additional arguments in support of their Council recommendations.
Accommodation requests: Please submit all requests for meeting accommodations at least 7 days prior to the meeting date.
For more information contact Ken Richkus, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Department of the Interior, MS: MB, 5275 Leesburg Pike, Falls Church, VA 22041–3803; (703) 358–1780.
- Status and development of preliminary annual recommendations
- Annual (by Flyway):
- General Harvest Strategy
- Regulatory Alternatives
- ones and Split Seasons
- Special Seasons/Species Management
- September Teal Seasons
- September Teal/Wood Duck Seasons
- Black Ducks
- Mottled Ducks
- Youth Hunt
- Mallard Management Units
- Sea Ducks
- Canada Geese
- Special Seasons
- Regular Seasons
- Special Late Seasons
- White-fronted Geese
- Snow and Ross's (Light) Geese
- Sandhill Cranes
- Moorhens and Gallinules
- Band-tailed Pigeons
- Puerto Rico
- Virgin Islands
- Alaska Migratory Bird Subsistence Regulations
- Other Issues (May be moved to Thursday)
- Harvest Management Working Group Priorities
- Two-Tier Hunting Regulations Update
- Harvest Regulations Process Update
- Committee recommendations and Consultant discussion
- Any remaining issues from Wednesday. The Thursday meeting may be adjourned early if all relevant business and discussions are completed.