Developed campgrounds are available and backcountry camping is allowed on the Refuge. Most of the Recreation Areas, campgrounds and boat ramps located on Charles M. Russell National Wildlife Refuge are operated and maintained by other agencies. The list below is organized by agency and the areas they manage, with links for more information.
Bureau of Land Management
Lewistown Field Office, (406) 538-1900
- James Kipp Recreation Area
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks
- Hell Creek Recreation Area and State Park
- Rock Creek Fishing Access Site - Located near the Rock Creek Recreation Area on the east end of the Refuge.
- Duck Creek Fishing Access Site
US Army Corps of Engineers
Fort Peck Dam and Lake Project, (406) 526-3416
Visit the Fort Peck Project website for more information.
- Crooked Creek Recreation Area
- Fourchette Bay Recreation Area
- Devil's Creek Recreation Area
- Bone Trail Recreation Area
- The Pines Recreation Area
- Duck Creek Recreation Area
- Rock Creek Recreation Area (east side of Refuge)
- McGuire Creek Recreation Area
- Nelson Creek Recreation Area