White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery (WSSNFH) is located along the historic Midland Trail in the heart of the Allegheny Highlands of southeast West Virginia. Established in 1900 to produce fish for the American Public, WSSNFH became part of the National Broodstock Program in 1976. Since then hatchery personnel have shipped millions of disease-free rainbow trout eggs to hatcheries across the country. In 1995, the hatchery added a new program, freshwater mussel conservation. Today, we provide shelter for mussels threatened by pollution and raise baby mussels to improve wild populations.The Mission of the White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery is working with the community and our partners to be good stewards of both the environment and historical significance of White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery by providing recreational fishing opportunities, recovering fish, mussels and other wildlife and their habitats, and promoting awareness and appreciation of our cultural and natural resources for the benefit of all people.
White Sulphur Springs National Fish Hatchery
Last updated: September 3, 2010