- ES Home
- What We Do
- Candidate Conservation
- Listing and Critical Habitat
- For Landowners
- About Us
- FWS Regions
- Laws & Policies
- For Kids
Locate and learn more about endangered animal and plant species in your state using the map below. You can view a profile for each species from the results page.
Status codes are used to identify the current listing status for each species.
You can also search for a species by other criteria using the interface provided below the map. Several quick search links have been provided as well to answer some more common questions about endangered species.
Using the following links to execute some quick searches
- Wildlife species in the U.S that are threatened or endangered...
- Plant species in the U.S. that are threatened or endangered...
- Threatened/endangered species in other countries...
- What were the first species to be listed?
- What species are proposed for listing?
- What species are candidates for listing?
- More searches...
What We Do
- Habitat Conservation Plans (HCPs)
- Safe Harbor Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements
- Candidate Conservation Agreements with Assurances
- Recovery Credits and Tax Deductions
- Conservation Banking
- Conservation Plans Database
- Information, Planning and Conservation System (IPaC)
- Recovery Online Activity Reporting System (ROAR)
- News Stories
- Featured Species
- Recovery Success Stories
- Endangered Species Bulletin
- Partnership Stories