TULE LAKE NATIONAL WILDLIFE REFUGE HUNT SEASON UPDATE FOR 2023-2024
At Tule Lake National Wildlife Refuge, public waterfowl and pheasant hunting will be offered on dryland units ONLY:
- A special youth-only hunt is scheduled for September 23 – 24.
- The general waterfowl season begins October 7 and continues through January 17. Canada geese may be hunted from October 7 through January 14, and white geese (snow, white-fronted) season is from October 7 to December 3, and January 4 to January 17.
- A late season white goose hunt may be available and will be announced after the first of the year.
- Hunting for ducks and geese at Tule Lake Refuge will begin one half hour before sunrise until 1:00 p.m. PT each day. Hunters are cautioned that access to these fields is limited to walk-in only and may be difficult to strenuous in some areas. Hunters are advised to scout the area ahead of the hunt season, and plan accordingly.
Additional information on waterfowl hunt seasons, bag limits and regulations for the northeastern California zone can be found at: (Link Pending)
- Pheasant hunting will be allowed on dry field areas only at Tule Lake Refuge from November 11 through December 24, from 8:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. PT daily. For more details on pheasant season please visit our Pheasant Hunting Page, or visit the California Department of Fish and Wildlife at: https://wildlife.ca.gov/Hunting/Upland-Game-Birds
NOTE: A Refuge Recreation Pass is required for all hunting on the Tule Lake Refuge. See general regulations for more information. Hunters are required to have all State, Federal and Refuge hunting licenses, stamps, validations and and permits in their possession while hunting.