There's nothing quite so relaxing as a day on the water. Your kayaks, canoes and paddleboards can be launched oceanside or into Toms Cove from the areas designated in the boat use map. Refer to this map to determine where you can land your boat during your paddle.
- Portions of our island close to landing boats between March 15 - September 1.
- Kayaks, canoes and paddleboards are not permitted in lifeguarded sections of the beach, in refuge impoundments, or in borrow ditches.
- Watch carefully for swimmers in both the ocean and the cove.
- Personal watercraft (PWC) - such as jet skis, waverunners - cannot be launched from our refuge. The personal watercraft map shows the waters where use of these vessels is restricted.
- Though we don't rent boats, many places in the town of Chincoteague do. Please contact the Chincoteague Chamber of Commerce for details.