Welcome to the Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery
- Established: 1965.
- Number of staff: five permanent.
Geographic Area Covered
- Arkansas: White River and Ouchita River Basin.
- Oklahoma: Illinois River and Red River Basin.
Financial Impact of Trout Program in Arkansas and Oklahoma
- Annual station budget (FY 11) $588,323.
- For every $1 of hatchery operational budget spent, $113 was put back into the economy (based on 2010 economic data)
- Provide statutory mitigation fish (rainbow trout and brook trout) for Arkansas.
- Cooperatively participates in aquatic threatened/endangered or "species of concern" research.
- Provide statutory mitigation fish (rainbow trout) for Oklahoma.
- Provide trout to meet Tribal Trust responsibilities
- Provide environmental education and outreach.
Fish Species and Capability
- Rainbow trout (mandated mitigation) annually provide approximately727,000 fish -- 202,333 lbs.
- Brook trout (mandated mitigation) annually provide approximatly 30,000 -- 2,600 lbs.
Public Use Opportunities
- More than 50,000 visitors annually.
- Trout fishing in the Little Red River adjacent to hatchery grounds.
- Visitor center
- Self Guided Hatchery Tours
- Off-site presentations