Welcome to the Welaka National Fish Hatchery
Although most hatchery lands and outdoor spaces have remained open for the public to enjoy, we
encourage you to:
- Check local hatchery conditions on this website before visiting
- Follow current CDC
practices by maintaining a safe distance between yourself and other groups
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- Cover your mouth and nose when you cough or sneeze
- Most importantly, stay home if you feel sick
Learn more about the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service Coronavirus Response.
Over a century ago, it was recognized that conservation measures were necessary to maintain good
fishing in our public waters. Fishing has probably always been American's leading form of outdoor
recreation. The Welaka National Fish Hatchery is endeavoring to preserve this tradition for present as
well as future generations of Americans.
Check out the bald eagle wildlife cam!