Welcome to the 2016 Umatilla Waterfowl Hunting Lottery
Umatilla National Wildlife Refuge is located west of Hermiston, Oregon.
For the Youth Hunt, CLICK HERE. For the Upland Game Bird Hunt, CLICK HERE.
If you're trying to pay for an application already submitted, you'll need your registration number (check your email) and go to www.midcolumbiapermits.com to pay.
See www.fws.gov/refuge/Umtailla/Visit/Activities/Lottery_Odds.html. This site will also give you some insight into what you're chances are of getting a draw.
Each entrant will be emailed their successful hunt date(s) with a number designating their order of blind selection for each date. Those applicants that did not receive a draw in the lottery will also be notified by email. The person with the lowest number present at the Hunter Check Station on the day of the hunt receives first choice of blind site. To ensure safety and promote high-quality hunting opportunities, each reservation holder is allowed a maximum of two guests. After reservation holders have selected their hunting sites, unoccupied sites are filled by standby hunters according to an on-site drawing conducted at the Hunter Check Station.
The McCormack Unit of Umatilla NWR conforms to hunting season dates set by the Oregon Department of Fish and Wildlife (ODFW). These dates should be posted on the ODFW website www.dfw.state.or.us/resources/hunting/waterfowl/ by mid-August. Shortly after season dates are established, the 2016/2017 ODFW hunting pamphlets will be available at ODFW offices throughout Oregon, as well as at many sporting goods stores and online.
Each hunter may submit one entry with up to ten reservation dates for the 2016/2017 hunting season. Submission of multiple entries, or any other attempt to defraud the system, could result in all entries being rejected.
The Umatilla McCormack Fee Hunt Unit is open for hunting three days per week—Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday—as well as Thanksgiving and New Years Day.
No adult reservations are accepted for the Youth Hunt Day, November 12, 2016.
There is a non-refundable, $12 lottery entry fee for online registrations, which must be received by 3:30 p.m., September 9, 2016.
All hunters must bring valid photo identification with them. Apart from being required under state law, we will be checking to ensure compliance with lottery rules.
The Hunter Check Station will be staffed from 1-1/2 hours before legal shooting time until 8:00 am and from 11:00 am until 1:00 pm on scheduled hunting days. Please arrive when the station opens to select your blind. Hunters arriving late will have to hunt standby, or enter the on-site lottery.
The Hunter Hotline telephone will be activated when the hunting season begins. The number is (541) 922-4868 (922-HUNT).
Failure to follow these instructions exactly will result in your entry being rejected.
1) Please apply online.
2) Duplicate entries disqualifies all entries. There is only one entry per person. You cannot submit multiple entries for the same day.
3) You can apply now, or come back later. Entries must be received by 3:30 p.m., September 9, 2016. Please note that payment must also be received by 3:30 p.m., September 9, 2016.
4) When filling in the lottery form, please do so as if you were doing so for mailing purposes. Correctly capitalize addresses, etc. For example: John Smith, 123 Main Street, Apt. 3, Anytown, Washington 99323, (509) 123-4567. Failure to do so could jeopardize all OR PART of your entry.
5) The address submitted on the entry form must match that on the hunting license and photo ID.
6) When you submit this entry, you will receive a unique entry number. Please include that number on your entry fee credit card payment or check.
7) The non-refundable entry fee is $12, $15 if you pay by check, $20 if you mail in an application. The lottery entry fee must be received by September 9, 2016. If you pay by check, please make checks/money orders payable to: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. Do not send cash. Although each hunter can submit only one entry, multiple payments for family members may be submitted in one envelope with one check. Please mail checks to: U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Umatilla Waterfowl Hunting Lottery, 64 Maple Street, Burbank, WA 99323.
We look forward to providing you with high-quality hunting opportunities again this year. If you have questions, please contact us at (509) 546-8300.