The Service began the recent process to revise the 1982 Recovery Plan in December 2015.
The Service is gathering and reviewing population viability and habitat availability information for the Mexican wolf with assistance from:
- Arizona Game and Fish Department
- New Mexico Department of Game and Fish
- Colorado Parks and Wildlife
- Utah Division of Wildlife Resources
- SEMARNAT, Mexico
- CONANP, Mexico
- independent scientists in the US and Mexico
The Service convened these parties during several recent workshops:
- December 2015
- March 2016
- April 2016
Additional workshops will be held during 2016.
The Service expects to publish a draft recovery plan for public and peer review early in 2017, with a final recovery plan by the end of November 2017.