Thank you for your interest in doing business with the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Southeast Region. We oversee contracting opportunities that provide needed services within the states of Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and in Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands.
Types of opportunities
- Maintenance and renovation of buildings, roads, water-supply systems, electrical systems, etc.
- Construction of major fish hatchery facilities
- Construction of major wildlife refuge facilities
- Construction of bridges
- Land clearing
- Pond rehabilitation
- Sewer system
- Soil borings
- Well drilling/testing
- Water control structures
- Fish and wildlife studies
- Ecosystems services
- Habitat reclamation
- Architectural and engineering services
- Boundary surveys
- Ecology studies
- Endangered species studies
- Ecology of rivers studies
- Status surveys
- Photo interpretation
- Title services
- ADP support services
Research and development
- Basic and applied research in biological fields
- Ecological profile development
- Effects of energy production on habitats
Supplies and equipment
- Audiovisual supplies
- Cartographic supplies
- Hatchery/refuge supplies
- Graphic arts
- ADP equipment
How to get started
The following tips should be remembered when selling to the government. Additional information for small businesses is available on our national website.
- Get to know the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.
- Obtain available information on past awards, quantities, costs and awarders.
- Become known to the Business Utilization and Development Specialist, Nijua Heard, (404) 679-4146.
- Become familiar with the Federal Business Opportunities website, http://www.fedbizopps.gov.
- Register on the System for Award Management (SAM).
- Complete our Bidder Registration Form.
What is the system for award management?
The System for Award Management (SAM) is an official U.S. Government central database that contains a vendor’s business and banking information. Registration streamlines the issuing of contracts and payments from all federal agencies to their vendors, and is required of contractors doing business with the government.
Nijua Heard, (404) 679-4146.