skip to content

Tag: Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery

The content below has been tagged with the term “Greers Ferry National Fish Hatchery.”


  • Frequently asked questions

    Where can I purchase a fishing license? The U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service does not issue fishing licenses. To review Arkansas Fishing Regulations and to purchase a license, please contact the Arkansas Game & Fish Commission at (800) 364-GAME or visit them online. To review Oklahoma Fishing Regulations and to purchase a license, please contact the Oklahoma Department of Wildlife Conservation at (405) 521-3851 or visit them online. Why do we need federal hatcheries and who pays for them?  Learn more...


  • An employee in uniform drains a large truck basin full of water and fish into a river.
    Edenton National Fish Hatchery manager Stephen Jackson watches lake sturgeon flow into the French Broad River. Photo, USFWS.

    Fish Production at National Fish Hatcheries

    National fish hatcheries play an important role in managing and restoring America’s fisheries. Hatcheries across the Southeast produce both game and non-game species, which contributes to habitat conservation, endangered species recovery, and provides recreation opportunities to the nation’s anglers. Broodstock hatcheries The majority of national fish hatcheries across the Southeast region do not typically keep adult fish for breeding purposes. Instead, a select few broodstock hatcheries produce and provide disease-free, fertilized fish eggs to federal, state, and tribal hatcheries to support their fishery management efforts.  Learn more...


Contact Us:

Looking for a media contact? Reach out to a regional spokesperson.

Share this page

Tweet this page on Twitter or follow @USFWSsoutheast

Share this page on Facebook or follow USFWSsoutheast.


Share this page on LinkedIn