skip to content

Science and Science Policy Frequently Asked Questions

Where can I find FWS policy concerning staff publishing in scientific journals?

Read the requirements for employees publishing scientific information in any outlet, including Service reports, reports for other agencies, Journal of Fish and Wildlife Management, North American Fauna, and non-Service peer-reviewed journals. You can also review the Journal for Fish and Wildlife Management’s guide for authors.

As a FWS employee can I be associated with a University through an affiliate or adjunct appointment?

Yes, the Service encourages employees to collaborate with academic institutions. Participation is covered under 212 FW 11.

What is Service policy on my membership in Professional Societies?

Read the policy on Participating in Professional Societies and Non-Federal Organizations.

Contact Us:

Looking for a media contact? Reach out to a regional spokesperson.

Share this page

Tweet this page on Twitter or follow @USFWSsoutheast

Share this page on Facebook or follow USFWSsoutheast.


Share this page on LinkedIn