Southeast Region
Conserving the Nature of America
Map of the Southeast Region Map of Kentucky Map of the Caribbean and Navassa Map of North Carolina Map of Tennessee Map of South Carolina Map of Arkansas Map of Louisiana Map of Mississippi Map of Alabama Map of Georgia Map of Florida

Business Opportunities

The following tips should be remembered when selling to the Government. They are as follows:

  1. Get to know the Fish & Wildlife Service.

  2. Obtain available information on past awards, quantities, costs and awarders.

  3. Become known to the Business Utilization and Development Specialist (Nijua Heard, (404) 679-4146).

  4. Become familiar with the Commerce Business Daily where   requirements over $25,000 are published. This information is now available on the internet at:

  5. Register on the Central Contractor Registration (CCR).

What is CCR?
CCR is one central database that contains a vendor’s business and banking information. Registration will streamline the issuing of contracts and payments from all Federal agencies to their vendors, and is required of contractors doing business with the government.

How do I register? There are 3 ways to register:

1) Online is the preferred method of registration. The website to register or learn more about CCR is: Click on “Start New Registration”.

2) Fax your completed CCR Worksheet to 269-961-7243

3) Mail your CCR Worksheet to:

                Department of Defense
                Central Contractor Registration
                74 Washington Ave. N, Suite 7
                Battle Creek, MI 49017-3084
                Faxing or mailing could delay your registration.

What do I need to register?
A DUNS number and an e-mail address. An e-mail address is required whether you register online or not. To obtain a DUNS number online, go to or call 1-888-814-1435. A valid street address is required and vendors cannot use a post office box or c/o. The street address in CCR must match the address at Dun and Bradstreet. After registering, you will be emailed a Trading Partner Identification Number (TPIN). To receive your TPIN by mail, rather than e-mail, you must specifically request this online or call the CCR Assistance Center at 1-888-227-2423. You will need your DUNS and your TPIN to access CCR in the future. After you are successfully registered, you will need to renew annually.

What do I need to renew?
Renewing gives you the opportunity to verify all your information is correct and nothing has changed in the past year. You may change any information whenever you want by using your DUNS and TPIN to access your registration. Examples of what you might change are your business address if you move or your account information if you change banks. You can also update your annual revenue.

What if I forget to renew?
Thirty days prior to the expiration of your registration you will receive an e-mail notice reminding you to renew. If you previously requested your TPIN by mail, the renewal notice will also be sent by mail.

Why do I have to enter my annual revenue?
An entry in this field is mandatory.

Why is an e-mail address a requirement?
Online registration with e-mail notification is the preferred method; therefore, CCR has made this a required field.

What if I don’t have an e-mail address?
You can obtain an e-mail address from any computer (e.g. at your local library) by going to a web site that offers free e-mail accounts (e.g., or by using the e-mail address of a friend or a family member. Remember, if you do not intend to read your e-mail messages, you must specifically request to receive important information by mail (e.g. your TPIN and renewal notices).

The Role of the Business Utilization and Development Specialist is:

  • To assist small businesses and small disadvantaged businesses, women-owned businesses in marketing their products and services to the Fish & Wildlife Service.
  • To assist small businesses and small disadvantaged businesses, women-owned businesses in marketing their products and services to the Fish & Wildlife Service.
  • To give information and guidance on Federal procurement procedures, including how to get a bidders list, and where there are both prime and subcontracting opportunities.
  • To work closely with the Small Business Administration to find potential bidders from the small and disadvantaged business community.

Contracting Opportunities with Fish and Wildlife Service Include:

Professional Services

  • Fish and Wildlife Studies
  • Ecosystems
  • Environment
  • Streams
  • Morphology
  • Habitat Reclamation
  • Architectural and Engineering Services
  • Appraisals
  • Boundary Surveys
  • Ecology Studies
  • Endangered Species Studies
  • Ecology of Rivers Studies
  • Tidal Marshes
  • Status Surveys
  • Photo Interpretation
  • Title Services
  • ADP Support Services


  • Maintenance and renovation of buildings, roads, water supply systems, electrical systems, etc.
  • Construction of major fish hatchery facilities
  • Construction of major wildlife refuge facilities
  • Construction of bridges
  • Channels
  • Land clearing
  • Pond rehabilitation
  • Sewer system
  • Soil borings
  • Well drilling/testing
  • Dikes
  • Water control structures

Supplies and Equipment

  • Audio visual supplies
  • Cartographic supplies
  • Film processing
  • Hatcheries/refuge supplies
  • Publications
  • Graphic arts
  • ADP equipment

Research and Development

  • Basic and applied research in biological fields
  • Ecological profile development
  • Effects of energy production on habitats

Janitorial Services

                U.S. FISH & WILDLIFE SERVICE
                Southeast Region
                1875 CENTURY BOULEVARD, SUITE 310
                ATLANTA, GA 30345
                VOICE: 404-679-4055
                FAX: 404-679-4057

Anticipated procurement actions for the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service and other bureaus of the Department of the Interior may be found at the Advance Acquisition Plan website at:

Other valuable information regarding contracting opportunities with the U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service can be found at our National Headquarters homepage at:

Other helpful hints for small businesses:

1. Register on the Small Business Administration Procurement Marketing and Access Network (PRO-Net). You can learn more about PRO-Net by viewing the SBA's home page at

2. Contract your local Procurement Assistance Center. The address and contact point of the Procurement Assistance Center for your state can be found in the internet at


Bidder's Registration Form


Last updated: April 1, 2011