Partners for a Healthy and Sustainable
Partnering with the Service
Facing a future of many challenges, it is important that the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service work closely with its state, federal and local partners to plan actions that will promote the conservation of natural resources and provide water for people. Our partners include:
- Bay Delta Conservation Plan (BDCP)- A collaboration of state, federal, and local water agencies, state and federal fish agencies, environmental organizations, and other interested parties.
- California Department of Fish & Wildlife, Bay Delta Region - Our state agency counterpart.
- California Department of Water Resources, Delta page - The state water agency.
- Delta Stewardship Council - State agency charged with protecting the Sacramento-San Joaquin Delta.
- National Oceanic & Atmospheric Administration Fisheries Service handles ocean going species such as salmon. Central Valley Office
Coastal Program at San Francisco Bay
The Coastal Program is now part of the Bay Delta Fish & Wildlife Office. Community-based partnerships focused on restoration and protection of native coastal habitats. Other partners programs continue to be with the Sacramento Fish & Wildlife Office.