Habitat Conservation Division
The Flood & Waterway Planning Branch...
- assists the Army Corps of Engineers and the California Department of Water Resources in the planning, design, and implementation of flood damage reduction projects and their operation and maintenance.
- assists the Corps in planning and designing fish and wildlife habitat restoration projects.
- assists the Corps and others with biological monitoring studies such as endangered species survey, migratory bird nesting surveys, and compliance monitoring
- provides recommendations to ensure equal consideration for fish and wildlife resources, including ways to avoid, minimize, and compensate for adverse impacts to fish and wildlife in accordance with the Service's Mitigation Policy (Federal Register 46:15; January 23, 1981).
- serves as the lead agency for coordinating the evaluation of impacts of projects for other State and Federal agencies such as the National Marine Fisheries Service and California Department of Fish and Wildlife.
- works closely with the Department of Water Resources in implement the Central Valley Flood Protection Plan and its Conservation Strategy.