Sacramento Fish & Wildlife OfficeServing the people, conserving the fish, wildlife, and plants of California
A Special Invitation from Jennifer Norris
April 2, 2018
In 2017, the Sacramento Fish and Wildlife Office encouraged people to promote their conservation efforts in celebration of Earth Day by using #WeConserve in their social media posts. We were impressed by the response from students, public and private businesses, conservation organizations, hunters, and so many more. SFWO works closely with partners throughout Northern California and beyond to protect imperiled species and we’ve always known that we can’t do it alone.
Whether the focus is endangered species, water, plastic, energy, or trees—your conservation efforts make a difference that all Americans and the species and habitats we care about benefit from. So, join us again this year April 16 through April 22 as we highlight our important conservation work through posting #WeConserve photos on Twitter and other social media platforms. Tag us (@USFWSSac) when you post your #WeConserve photo and we’ll add it to the 2018 Twitter Moment.
Click here to see posts from 2017.
Jennifer Norris, Ph.D.
- Site Visit Insights from Harry Kahler
- Site Visit Insights from Ian Vogel
- Site Visit Insights from Valerie Layne
- Site Visit Insights from Jill Seymour
- National Volunteer Week
- #We Conserve
- Women in Science
- Site Visit Insights from Madeline Drake
- 5 Tips for Opting Outside in Winter
- Site Visit Insights from Lily Douglas
- Service Staff Join Sacramento Residents to Improve Habitat for Threatened Species
- Site Visit Insights from John Cleckler
- 3 Tips for Making Fall Wild
- Site Visit Insights from Rick Kuyper
- What's in Your Garden?
- The Art of Bees
- Site Visit Insights from Joseph Terry and Valerie Hentges
- Pollinator Day
- National Pollinator Week
- Site Visit Insights from Sarah Markegard
- Banding Boosts Tricolored Blackbird Conservation
- Students Get Hands-on with Wildlife through Schoolyard Habitats
- We Conserve! But We Don't Do It Alone
- Ryan Zinke Sworn in as 52nd Secretary of the Interior
- Bird Bling: How a Simple Silver Bracelet is Aiding Conservation
- 'Tis The Season: Sacramento Fish & Wildlife Office Celebrates 20 Years of Holiday Gift-giving
- Bitter Creek Wildlife Refuge Creates Ideal Habitat for Giant Kangaroo Rat
- Service Honored for Multi-organization Collaboration
- Santa Clara and Yolo Counties Get Big Financial Boost to Save Endangered Species
Archived Featured Stories
Follow Us Online
Last updated: April 25, 2018