Fish Production Estimates
The contents you are looking for have moved. You will be redirected to the new location automatically in 5 seconds. Please bookmark the correct page at http://www.fws.gov/cno/fisheries/CAMP/
Photo: M Gingras, CDFW
Photo: Carley Sweet, USFWS
Because fish production goals associated with the Central Valley Project Improvement Act pertain to naturally produced fish, CAMP is especially interested in the natural production of 9 anadromous fish species. It is also necessary to monitor hatchery fish numbers to calculate natural production.
Estimates of natural production of anadromous fish from 14 watersheds or areas in the Central Valley. All of the data is in PDF format.
- Fall-run Chinook salmon(16KB PDF)
- Late fall-run Chinook salmon(16KB PDF)
- Winter-run Chinook salmon (16KB PDF)
- Spring-run Chinook salmon (12KB PDF)
- American shad (12KB PDF)
- Striped bass (12KB PDF)
- White sturgeon (12KB PDF)
- Green sturgeon (12KB PDF)
- CAMP Focus Areas (92KB PDF)
- Techniques for Estimating Fish Production
- Developing Productions Estimates (44KB PDF) - How we use the data to calculate production of Chinook salmon in each stream or river.
In the future, the CAMP focus may include stream-side or upland habitats.