See! Touch! Hear! Experience the unique heritage and natural history of the South Carolina Lowcountry! A partnership between Cape Romain NWR, Francis Marion NF, and the Friends of Coastal South Carolina, the Sewee Visitor and Environmental Education Center's mission is to provide information and interpretation of the fascinating ecosystems of the refuge and forest, and teach conservation education to youth. The Friends of Coastal South Carolina is the Friends Group for the Cape Romain NWR and Francis Marion NF, supporting the research, biological, historical, educational and interpretive activities of the agencies.
What the Center Offers:
- Interactive exhibits featuring forest to sea ecosystems
- Live endangered red wolf viewing area with scheduled feeding and interpretive programs
- Classroom and laboratory designed for lectures and hands-on activities
- Recreation Information Center
- Book sales outlet
- Auditorium - an orientation film introduces you to the Refuge and Forest
- Nature trail - a one-mile loop trail encompasses the red wolf viewing area, freshwater ponds, swamp wetlands and pine forest.
- Live bee apiary and butterfly garden
Learn More about Cape Romain National Wildlife Refuge…
Learn More about Francis Marion National Forest…
Learn More about Friends of Coastal South Carolina...
Sewee Center falls within the South Carolina Lowcountry Refuges Complex.
Learn More about the complex and “Life in the Wild”…
See what activities are offered at Sewee in April (pdf)