How to obtain a refuge hunting permit:
- Annual hunting permits are available starting the last week in August through the current hunting season. Hunting season dates are set by the State (www.maine.gov/ifw/) .
- Permit fees are payable by cash or check only.
- Bring a copy of your current year Maine hunting license to the refuge headquarters in Wells, along with payment. You will be issued your permit and maps that outline permitted hunting areas.
- You may also obtain a refuge permit by mailing a copy of your current year Maine hunting license to the refuge headquarters along with payment.
- Your permit and hunting maps will be mailed to you. Be sure to include your phone number, address, and indicated what species you want to hunt.
* Please note that we have sold all of the refuge hunting permits available for the 2015 season. Thanks to all our hunters who participate in the responsible take of Maine’s natural resources.
If you have any questions, please contact the refuge office before entering the field:
Rachel Carson National Wildlife Refuge
321 Port Road
Wells, Maine 04090
Phone: (207) 646-9226
Please contact the refuge for a special use permit for other activities not mentioned as public activities on our website, including research projects.