Although some National Wildlife Refuges require entrance fees, Julia Butler Hansen Refuge for the Columbian White-tailed Deer does not. State licenses are required for hunting and fishing on refuge lands.

  • Harvest Licenses

    The Washington and Oregon Departments of Fish & Game regulate the harvest of waterfowl and sport fish. It is your responsibility to obtain appropriate state licenses and harvest cards.

    Learn more about Washington state licensing and permits.

    Learn more about Oregon state licensing and permits.

  • Senior & Access Passes

    Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for more information about federal passes.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law, such as commercial filming. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.