Birds in Nestbox

The National Wildlife Refuge System has three different Special Use Permit (SUP) Application forms to enable the public to engage in certain types of activities on a national wildlife refuge. These forms have been approved by the Office of Management and Budget and the form is to be used until June 30, 2017These forms are available here:

It is possible for prospective permit holders to fill out the pertinent application, print it, sign it, and return it to the refuge for processing. However, we recommend that you contact the refuge prior to completing a permit application. This will help streamline the application process. 

The permit is not valid until approved and signed by a refuge official. Permits are issued for only the necessary period of time, you may need to apply for a renewal permit, depending on the activity.

Please contact Lia McLaughlin, Deputy Refuge Manager, with any questions and prior to submitting completed applications. 


(973) 417-9542