Recreation Passes

Recreation passes are available at the Visitor Center in Fremont Wednesday-Sunday from 11 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.  The Visitor Center is closed on all federal holidays. It may be best to call 510-792-0222 ext. 363 before coming as staff authorized to issue these passes are occasionally in meetings or conducting programs away from the building.

  • Access Pass

    Access Recreation Pass

    These lifetime passes are free for U.S. residents with a permanent disability. You must come in person and show documentation that states the disability, or sign an affidavit. Showing a State motor vehicle department disability sticker, license plate or hang tag is not acceptable documentation.

  • Active Military Personnel Pass

    Military Access Pass

    This is a free pass for current U.S. military personnel and their dependents with proper identification.  It is valid for one year. 

  • Every Kid in a Park Pass

    Every Kid in Park Pass

    These passes are free for U.S. 4th Graders. Go to for instructions and to download a paper voucher.  Bring the voucher into the visitor center in Fremont and receive your free pass, good for one year. 

  • Hangtags and Decals

    Hangtags are for those who anticipate parking closed vehicles at unmanned facilities while decals are for those who park open-topped vehicles (like Jeeps) or motorcycles at unstaffed federal recreation sites. Decals are valid for 1 year.  To obtain a decal, please be sure to bring the vehicle's registration information that shows the type of vehicle; your senior, annual, or military pass; and a government photo ID.