hay bales
  • Permits

    We don’t require permits for hunting, fishing, wildlife viewing, interpretation, environmental education and photography.  A permit may be required if the proposed activity is for commercial use or financial gain. Haying, grazing, collecting wood, repairing tile or cleaning out waterways require a permit. If motorized vehicle access is required, such as a utility maintenance project, a permit is required. Please contact the district manager at 507-831-2220 or if you have questions about what activities may require a permit or to obtain a permit.