Although some National Wildlife Refuges require entrance fees, Willapa National Wildlife Refuge does not. State licenses are required for hunting, fishing and shellfish harvest on refuge lands. A refuge permit is required for some hunting activities and registration is needed for camping during the early fall hunt season.

  • Parking Passes

    A Washington State Discover Pass is required to park in the shared Leadbetter Point Parking Area. This parking area located at the northern end of Stackpole Road provides access to both the Leadbetter Unit of the refuge and Leadbetter State Park. Find out more about the Discover Pass...

  • Camping Registration & Permits

    Campers are required to register for campsites a week prior and during the early big game season, generally late August through September. Free camping permits are available on a first-come, first-serve basis via a self-serve kiosk located in the refuge headquarters parking area near milepost 24 on State Route 101. Registration is not required to camp the remainder of the year. Discover more about camping...

  • Hunt Registration

    No permits required.

    Learn more about hunting on the refuge...

  • Harvest Licenses

    Washington Department of Fish & Game regulates the harvest of shellfish, big game, waterfowl, upland game birds, and sport fish. It is your responsibility to obtain appropriate state licenses and harvest cards. Learn more about state licensing and permits...

  • Senior & Access Passes

    Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees, including Hunt Blind fees for Willapa National Wildlife Refuge's goose hunt program. The pass holder must have the pass present to receive the discounted blind rate of $2.50.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for more information about federal passes.

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law, such as commercial filming. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.