Shutdown Notice
Due to the lapse in federal appropriations, this website will not be updated until further notice. Where public access to refuge lands does not require the presence of a federal employee or contractor, activities on refuge lands will be allowed to continue on the same terms as before the appropriations lapse. Any entry onto Refuge System property during this period of federal government shutdown is at the visitor's sole risk. Please read this important updated message about the closure of National Wildlife Refuge System facilities during the shutdown, and refer to alerts posted on individual refuge websites for the status of visitor facilities and previously scheduled events that may still occur during the shutdown.

For more information, please visit the Department of Interior webpage at


  • 2014-2015-Federal-Duck-Stamp218x116

    Double Up for the Ducks!

    Those who would like to make a difference for wildlife conservation are encouraged to purchase two federal duck stamps.

    Learn More

  • PFWnewlogo218x116

    Partners For Wildlife Program

    The program has been developing and maintaining positive working relationships with landowners to benefit fish and wildlife resources.

    Learn More

Cooperative Agricultural Opportunities

Cooperative Agricultural Opportunities

February 9, 2018 CAA

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service) is seeking interested individuals to partner with the Service in wildlife habitat management activities through establishing Cooperative Agricultural Agreements (CAAs) on Service lands within the Valley City Wetland Management District (WMD). Cooperative Agricultural Agreements (CAAs) are agreements between the Service and an individual to conduct prescribed grazing, haying, and/or farming activities on Service lands. The time period of a CAA can be as short as one month or up to five years in length. Interested individuals are encouraged to apply. CAAs will be offered through an open and competitive process which may include a monetary bid system, a ranking process, or a lottery. To apply, interested individuals will need to submit a Commercial Activities Special Use Permit Application. A link to this application form is provided on the Valley City WMD website. You will also be required to submit a Cooperative Agricultural Use Application. Please contact the Valley City WMD office to obtain a copy of this form. For information on CAA opportunities, application periods, or to obtain application forms, please contact District Manager Kurt Tompkins at: 701-845-3466 or

Commercial Activities Special Use Permit Application
Featured Stories

About the Complex

Arrowwood National Wildlife Refuge Complex

Valley City Wetland Management District is managed as part of the Arrowwood National Wildlife Refuge Complex.

Read more about the complex
About the NWRS

National Wildlife Refuge System


The National Wildlife Refuge System, within the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, manages a national network of lands and waters set aside to conserve America's fish, wildlife, and plants.

Learn more about the NWRS