Bat species / Remote wildlife camera, USFWS

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife laws and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.

Special Use Permits: Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife and their habitat. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward.

 Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct the following types of activities:

  • General  
  • Research 
  • Commercial 

If you would like to conduct an activity on Valle de Oro that requires a permit, please select to correct permit from the website below,  complete it to the best of your abilities and send it to refuge staff no less than 4 weeks before your planned activity.  All research permits should be sent to Refuge Biologist Ariel Elliott,  For educational activities, please contact Education Specialist Teresa Skiba, and for all other inquiries, contact Katie McVey,      

Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site for more information on Special Use Permits.  Additional information can be found at How to Obtain a Permit, FAQs/Facts or Application Forms.