Skip Navigation


Muskrat walking across the ice.

 Special use permits are issued for Trapping, Special Youth Trapping Areas, Hunters with Disabilities Deer Hunt on the Lost Mound Unit and Potter’s Marsh Waterfowl Hunt Management Zone. In addition, some commercial activities including Guiding (Fishing, Hunting and Wildlife Observation) and videography require special use permits. Contact the refuge office for more information: or 507-452-4232


Information and Permit

Waterfowl Hunting Management Zone:

Potter's Marsh Waterfowl Hunt Management Zone - Illinois- Pool 13    

Updated June 28, 2016

Special Deer Hunts: 

Youth and Hunters with Disabilities Deer Hunt at Lost Mound Unit, Savanna, Illinois    
updated June 28, 2016



Last Updated: Jun 28, 2016
Return to main navigation