PROMO Intro PEGU 512x219

No permits or fees are required because Three Arch Rocks National Wildlife Refuge is closed to public use year round to protect wildlife. 

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

  • Passes

    Annual Pass

    • Valid for one full year from month of purchase (through last day of that month).
    • Allows pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle to enter Federally operated recreation sites across the country.
    • Covers the pass owner and three (3) accompanying adults age 16 and older at sites where per person entrance fees are charged. No entry fee charged for children 15 and under.
    • Photo identification will be required to verify ownership.
    • Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
    • All active US military and their dependents qualify for a FREE Annual Pass.

      Special passes: 4th Grade Pass, Senior Pass, Access Pass and Volunteer Pass.

    Please contact refuges directly for specific fee information; only certain refuges charge entrance fees.

    The passes are available at any U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service or Forest Service site that charges an entrance fee or standard amenity fee.