A North Mississippi NWR permit (code 606) is required for all hunting and fishing activities for anyone over the age of 16. You can purchase a hunting and fishing permit through the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks website or any commercial vendor that sells hunting licenses.   

Raccoon and frog hunting also requires a special use permit which can be issued by the Refuge Manager.

A Special Use Permit (SUP) is required for the following activities:

  • Research & Monitoring 
  • Commerical Activites 
  • Frog Hunting 
  • Raccoon Hunting
  • Trapping and/or collecting any wildlife or plants


Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.