Skip Navigation


Lake Impoundments


Due to system changes, Kinsail will no longer be available for permit applications online.  This includes ALL permits that were previously offered on their website. The website will close on Wednesday, January 25, 2017.  Once the site goes down, permits will only be available in person or by mail at the Headquarters Office in Sibley, MS.  The Headquarters office hours are Monday - Friday, 7:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., closed on Federal holidays.  A money order is required when purchasing a permit at the refuge.  All money orders must be made payable to USFWS.  We will also have three local vendors that will have permits available, which is Sports Center in Natchez, MS, 84 Quick Stop in Ferriday, LA, and Pat's Home Center in St. Francsiville, LA.

Thank you for your cooperation during this transition.

Annual Public Use Permits are required for visitors who participate in hunting or fishing activities. Permits costs $20.00 each and are valid August 1st through July 31st of each year.

There are a limited number of permits available at the refuge headquarters and at various sales outlets. Call the refuge headquarters for more information. 

If mailing your request, make sure to include a $20.00 money order along with it. A money order is required when purchasing a permit in person at the refuge.  All money orders must be made payable to USFWS. Please allow 7 -10 business days to receive permit by mail.  Mailing address for Annual Public Use Permits is:

PO Box 217
Sibley, MS 39165

Special Use Permits (SUP)

Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities and ensures that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activities to go forward. 

At St. Catherine Creek National Wildlife Refuge, wildlife comes first. For this reason, Special Use Permits (SUP) are required in order to conduct many activities, including but not limited to the following:


  • Filming/videotaping (any non-amateur work)
  • Wildlife or general photography (for publications or retail)
  • Seining or any collecting of plants, animals, soil, or water (includes collecting for off-refuge or on-refuge use)
  • Any after-hours use
  • Any activities in areas not open to the visiting public
  • All research
  • Crossing refuge property to access private property


If you are interested in conducting one of the above activities on the refuge, we encourage you to contact refuge management at least one month in advance to begin the permit process. If you are found conducting a restricted activity without a SUP, you could be subject to legal action. Click here for specific instructions and to download forms for SUPs. 

Thank you for helping us protect America's wildlife and wild lands. 

Last Updated: Jan 27, 2017
Return to main navigation