PROMO Intro SB sunrise 512x219

No special permits or fees are required of most visitors—only those planning to use or alter specific resources at the refuge, e.g., hunters, researchers, and the like.

  • Hunting

    Waterfowl hunting is allowed seven days per week on some refuge-owned lands west of Highway 101. These lands consist of 80 acres of salt marsh where the Siletz River empties into the bay. A 200-yard safety zone is in effect, prohibiting hunting on refuge property that extends westward from the refuge property line on the west side of the housing development of Siletz Keys.  Hunters should take note of signs that delineate the safety zone where there is no discharge of firearms allowed.
    Additionally, waterfowl hunting on 112 acres of refuge lands that lie east of Highway 101 and south of Millport Slough is allowed three days per week. Specifically, hunters can pursue ducks, geese, and coots on Wednesday, Saturday, and Sunday. Hunters utilizing lands east of U.S. Highway 101 and south of Millport Slough will access the site via a small parking area and trail located on South Millport Slough Road, or by boat. To minimize potential conflict between refuge users and reduce associated safety issues, lands south of Millport Slough that are open to waterfowl hunting will remain closed to wildlife observation, photography, and interpretation. Hunters accessing lands west of U.S. Highway 101 via foot will be directed to use caution since no parking or official access point will be provided by the Refuge.

    Download the Siletz Bay Waterfowl Hunt Map (PDF 2.1 MB).

    Download the 2020-2021 Oregon Game Bird Regulations for more information or call 541-867-4550. 

  • Permits

    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country. Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law. Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.

  • Passes

    Annual Pass

    • Valid for one full year from month of purchase (through last day of that month).
    • Allows pass owner and accompanying passengers in a single, private, non-commercial vehicle to enter Federally operated recreation sites across the country.
    • Covers the pass owner and three (3) accompanying adults age 16 and older at sites where per person entrance fees are charged. No entry fee charged for children 15 and under.
    • Photo identification will be required to verify ownership.
    • Passes are non-refundable, non-transferable and cannot be replaced if lost or stolen.
    • All active US military and their dependents qualify for a FREE Annual Pass. 

      Special passes: 4th Grade Pass, Senior Pass, Access Pass and Volunteer Pass.

    Please contact refuges directly for specific fee information; only certain refuges charge entrance fees.

    The passes are available at any U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Bureau of Land Management, Bureau of Reclamation, National Park Service or Forest Service site that charges an entrance fee or standard amenity fee.