Northern Hardwoods Cross-country Ski Area
The Northern Hardwoods Cross-country Ski Area offers skiers over 9 miles of groomed trails. Explore the beauty of the north woods as you ski through a mature stand of sugar maple, beech, and yellow birch. View magnificent hardwood forests, marshes, and the frozen beauty of the Manistique River. Novices and advanced skiers alike will discover trails that are challenging, fun and full of wildlife.
Current Ski Conditions - like us on Facebook or check out the news page for updates on current ski conditions.
- Trails are groomed as conditions and staff allow, usually once per week.
- Trails are groomed for classic cross-country skiing.
To ensure a safe and enjoyable trip, please follow these regulations and guidelines:
- Ski during daylight hours only.
- Tell friends or family where you will be skiing.
- Motorized vehicles are prohibited on ski trails.
- Dogs and snowshoeing are not allowed on the cross-country ski trails, as they damage the groomed tracks.
- Cross-country skiing is allowed anywhere on the refuge. Regulations restricting dogs and snowshoes apply only on the groomed ski trails. Dogs must be leashed.
|Goose Pen Bend
|Manistique River Run
||More & Most Difficult
Ski Trail Brochure (with map).