Annual Pass

 Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge does not require a pass or charge entrance fees, we have provided this information should you wish to visit one of our country's treasures that does charge fees. However, special permits are required for certain activities on Seedskadee.

  • Permits


    The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service issues permits under various wildlife law and treaties at a number of offices throughout the country.  Permits enable the public to engage in legitimate wildlife-related activities that would otherwise be prohibited by law.  Service permit programs ensure that such activities are carried out in a manner that safeguards wildlife.  Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts by authorizing scientific research, generating data, or allowing wildlife management and rehabilitation activates to go forward.

    Permits are handled by permitting programs in International Affairs (Management Authority), Endangered SpeciesLaw Enforcement, and  Migratory Birds.

    Visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Web site for Special Use Permits information and forms.  If interested in a permit for Seedskadee NWR, please contact the headquarters office at (307)875-2187 x10.

    For more detailed information, go to How to Obtain a PermitFAQs/Facts or Application Forms.


    Commercial Fishing Outfitters

    Seedskadee NWR strictly permits commercial guiding activities on the refuge.  Currently, we have only four licensed commercial outfitters on the refuge who offer guided fishing and float trips,  if interested in these services please visit their websites below.

    Park City Fly Shop and Guide Service

    Four Seasons Fly Fishing Guide Service

    Solitary Angler  

    Wind River Troutfitters


    Commercial Shuttle Operators

    The Great Outdoor Transportation Co

    PO Box 594

    Pinedale, WY 82941



    Dennis Hacklin

    PO Box 74

    LaBarge, WY 83123


  • Passes


    A series of passes covers the entrance and standard amenity fees charged for using federal recreational lands – including national wildlife refuges.  However, Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge does not require any entrance fee or pass.

    Existing Golden Eagle Passports and National Parks Passes with an expiration date will be honored until they expire. Paper versions of the Golden Age or Golden Access Passports should be exchanged for the new Senior or Access passes. However, plastic Golden Age or Access passes are valid for the pass holder's lifetime and do not need to be exchanged.

    The Senior and Access passes are good for the lifetime of the holder and make available (to the pass holder only) 50 percent discounts on some expanded amenity fees.

    For the first time, decals and hangtags are available: decals for those who park open-topped vehicles (like Jeeps) or motorcycles at unstaffed federal recreation sites, and hangtags for those who anticipate parking closed vehicles at unmanned facilities.

    Please visit the National Wildlife Refuge System Passes Web site for more information about passes.