Law Enforcement

LEO fishing contact-512x219


 Protecting our wildlife resources for today and future generations, while providing for the public's safety.  

US Fish & Wildlife Service Federal Wildlife Officers regularly patrol Seedskadee National Wildlife Refuge with the focus of visitor safety and resource protection. Officers enforce Federal Statutes and Regulations and all Wyoming State Laws associated with motor vehicles, hunting and fishing. You can expect to encounter a Federal Wildlife Officer anywhere you travel on Cokeville Meadows, as they often patrol in vehicles and boats as well as by ATV and foot. Feel free to contact any officer as they are often the best resource for on-the-ground information about local conditions and wildlife viewing opportunities.

Federal Wildlife Officers encounter a wide variety of violations on the Refuge that stem from violations of hunting and fishing laws to general public use regulations.  Also, remember that all Refuge numbered routes are treated the same as state roadways which means if it is illegal activity on the highway, it is illegal on Refuge roads. Also note that motor vehicles are allowed only on numbered routes and off-road travel is illegal and enforced as such. Collection or transportation of any plants, animals or other items found on the Refuge is illegal except for legally taken wildlife.  For specific regulation questions, contact Seedskadee Complex Headquarters or any refuge officer. 


 Mule deer bucks 512x220 


Make a difference



Help protect your Refuge and your wildlife resources! Report wildlife violations and suspicious activity to an officer any time. Every set of eyes is helpful to officers. To contact a Wyoming Game and Fish Department Officer in the event of a violation, call (877)WGFD-TIP. In non-emergency events or for general law enforcement questions or concerns, contact Seedskadee Headquarters (307)875-2187 x19 or x16. Please be advised that our officers are usually in the field, so leaving messages in their direct voicemail at (307)870-6723 or (307)413-6149 is often the best way to get in touch.