Prairie grasses, shrubs and trees

 Special Use Permits are issued for Rocky Mountain Arsenal National Wildlife Refuge on a case-by-case basis.


There are three categories of permits: 

General Use

Most commonly, permits are issued for compatible secondary activities such as commercial filming and photography which are fee-based. The permit programs ensure that such activities are performed in a manner that safeguards wildlife and habitat. Additionally, some permits promote conservation efforts and involve scientific research, data collection, or wildlife management activities.

To learn more about Special Use Permits or how to obtain a Permit, please contact the Refuge office at 303-289-0232 or visit the National Wildlife Refuge System web site ( for Special Use Permits (